Thursday 9 August 2012

A not-so Mega Weekend

Hello! 

Still not found a cache since all the Geolympix days; but hopefully setting out to that area again tomorrow to do the Cycling series. And then on Saturday we'll be off to Devon for the weekend due to some unforeseen issues... I know what you're thinking! 

Yes, Mega 2012 is on Saturday. Unfortunately, I will now be unable to attend due to these issues. You can't imagine how upset I am that we'll no longer be able to make it; so many cachers I was looking forward to catching up with in Cartmel. Apologies if you were hoping to meet me too, but there's always next year - www.mega2013.co.uk which, thankfully, is a LOT closer to home! However, it would have been a good long weekend up in the lakes doing some "proper" caching and camping too. But I guess that wasn't meant t be; I might be able to bag one or to not-so Mega caches while down in Devon. It's just all a matter of the dates crashing; to be honest I have no idea why Mega 2012 was scheduled so late in August; all UK Megas were previously late July/early August. Oh well. 

So, I wish everyone a safe trip to Cartmel; and a very enjoyable Mega weekend; mine will somewhat be not so Mega. See you all next year if not before; and congrats to the organisers of Mega 2012 - the whole event programme and Mega looks outstanding and simply superb; for what is promised to be the BIGGEST UK Mega to date! 

Griff Grof 

No comments:

Post a Comment