Monday 31 December 2012

CacheWalker Twixmas Bash 2012

Power to the CacheWalker | 8 caches | 5 miles | Guiting Power 

Hello!

Yesterday was a superb day! It was the CacheWalker Twixmas Bash 2012, which we'd been organising since mid-September!

We met up outside the venue in the village of Guiting Power, The Farmers Arms, at 09:00 for a 09:15 set off for the pre-event group walk. I was already spotting some familiar faces, and checking people off as I saw them, so that the pub knew who was here for food. I went to give the landlady the list, and when I came back out everyone had already set off! We quickly caught up with them, and were well underway on the group walk!

The group walk was planned and set by Wrighty (How lucky can we be?!) and it took us along tracks that I love but hadn't been on for years - it was like walking along memory lane! The caches were all great, and I even got joint-FTF on one of the caches - my second, and undoubtedly last for 2012!


The walk and caches were all great, the walk took us along some beautiful woodland, over river valleys, right on top of hills with far reaching views, and also some pretty Cotswold villages like Kineton. 



Talked to a lot of people on the walk, there must have been at least 40 of us, and everyone was friendly as useful, and having just as good a time on the group walk as I was. 


The walk really was a special one, and made the event even better than it would have been otherwise. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and the CacheWalker company, with the series finishing with a large ammo can, in true Wrighty style.  Highly recommended 

Once we arrived back in Guiting Power, it was back to The Farmers Arms for the main event. It was a HUGE success with everything going to plan in the end... nearly 60 people were booked in to eat! 

Food was enjoyed, as was Wrighty's quiz, and before too long it was time to announce the winners of the CWSBC 2012 and the CacheWalker Forum Awards. I was honoured to be crowned the winner of CWSBC at 949 miles, and also the CacheWalker Forum Member of the Year! Congratulations to all the other winners, and to walkingwood for winning the quiz. Secret Santa was fun, too, with everyone getting a fun gift at the end. 



The company at the event was superb too, and it was great to catch up with bikermel76, who made it to the event! Everyone was lovely, and I enjoyed talking to several people and putting faces to names too. The younger cachers also had a great time playing skittles! 

Overal the event was AMAZING! One of my 2012 caching highlights... talking about my caching in 2012, you better check back here later for "2012 in review" - a must read, plus the announcement of my cache of the year. 

Griff Grof

No comments:

Post a Comment